Reasons To Contact A Water Damage Restoration Company For Any Damages
When I was a young child, my mom would always take precautions in our home to avoid flooding or water damage. She made sure she never ran the laundry machine and then left to run errands, to ensure that it wouldn’t flood without her being home. She turned off the water to our home when we were going to be away on vacation. When she noticed that our basement had some water damage because it was often humid and not well ventilated, she talked to experts and eventually purchased a dehumidifier that would help solve the problem. Those actions she took in prevention of water damage emergencies probably saved our family thousands of dollars! We at ICC Restoration and Cleaning wanted to offer 5 suggestions on how you can prevent water damage in your own home, and why you should use a restoration company for any damages you may have. Here they are:
Water Damage Restoration Company In St. Paul
- Make sure windows and doors are sealed. As much as possible, spaces around windows and doors should be airtight (and water-tight.) Older windows (that aren’t air-tight by design) should be examined frequently; cracks in the trim should be re-sealed and the glazing compound around the window can be replaced.
- Maintain your appliances. Hoses of washing machines will often be the cause of unnecessary water damage because they weren’t replaced, even when they were showing obvious signs of age, bulging, and discoloration. Don’t let that be you! Instruction manuals often come with handy tips for how often parts should be replaced, where to get new ones, and how to replace them properly.
- Stay on top of your drainage system. Standing water in clogged gutters can erode your gutters and other surfaces, causing water damage on your roof. Another common roofing probably is that gutters will be pointing in a way that they don’t fully diverge water away from the home, resulting in a cleanup emergency.
- Install a sump-pump. This can remove water that accumulates in a sump basin in your basement and can be a solution to basements flooding often. Test your sump-pump regularly. In addition, if you have a basement or other areas that seem to have a hard time drying out fully or are often damp, a dehumidifier can be a great way to remove some of that excess moisture and clean up the air.
- Check your water pressure. If the pressure is too high, your pipes and hoses may be damaged from the constant pressure. Pressure gauges can be purchased that will help you keep tabs on the pressure in your pipes, preventing it from being too high.
These small tips are easy, inexpensive investments for the future. However, if you live in St. Paul, and have flooding or water damage present, your solution is simple: call ICC Restoration for help as soon as possible. We can help with all sorts of water damage emergencies. The easiest ones to fix are ones where we are called in right away! We are eager to begin getting your home back to normal again.